- To assess the outcome of different intervention (lifestyle, metformin and glibenclamide) models to prevent diabetes among high risk group in Bangladesh.
- To observe the rate of conversion of IGT to diabetes.
- To evaluate the impact of intervention only with lifestyle modification including prescribe dietary and exercise advice.
- To note the usefulness of an insulin sensitizer (Metformin 500 mg ) in this population
- To note the usefulness of an insulin secretagogue (Glibenclamide 1mg ) in this population
- To register the benefits of combining lifestyle modification and Metformin
- To register the benefits of combining lifestyle modification and Glibenclamide
- To observe the relation of IGT and depression
- To measure the cost effectiveness & different models